Monday 16 December 2019

Product - Digital Media Mission 1 (2)

For the product section of the mission, we, as a group, were meant to meet up and work together bringing our ideas into the foreground. I stared blankly into the dark abyss of space looking for a way to approach such a daunting task without ever knowing how to research while working in a group project. 
The first thing we started off with was the set up of a What'sApp group. Here we would discuss ideas and plan out what to do, how we did it, and any meet up times we could allocate. 

I started my research with the history and background on GIFs while my team mates research where they are used and what itools are best for making them. I found a lot about the topic but still was uncertain how to approach this. So I start to write up all I could about the creator, the year invented, where they are used, and how they have changed - among a handful of other information. 

to create the presentation, I opened up PowerPoint and created slides with effects on them. My issue with this process was the typing. I should have added pictures and photos of the process in our research but instead I wrote down just an essay style format about GIFs that deviated from the group presentation. I was so nervous about this and felt really awful and out of place because it was my first time doing a power point and group work. 

I made a GIF which wasn't added into the final product due to difficulties I was having with software. It depicted a friend of mine falling over while skiing. I made this on an app called GIFY, where you create and view many GIFs. It was easy, all you I had to do was open up the app, choose photos I wanted and wording I wanted to use and the app automatically made a moving GIF. 

It was too late by the time I get everything sorted. My other group member, Gavin, Created a wonderful presentation which, when i witnessed, I finally understood what was asked of us. This would later help me prepare for Mission 2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Product - Digital Media Mission 2 (2)

The production part of the mission was a bit more fun. Chris, Wiktoria and I were finally getting together making the blog on Wix. As this...