Tuesday 17 December 2019

Reflection - Digital Media Mission 1 (3)

I have learned a lot of information and lessons during this mission, most of which were when the mission had concluded and I received my mark. I was quite disappointed with the end result of my presentation due to my lack of understanding the set goals, even through reading these goals. I was happy that Gavin, My second team member, got an excellent mark. He put in so much effort and saved my mark as well. He understood what was needed, where'as I did not.

I learned all about how and why GIF's were created and that the correct pronunciation, which is wrong, wrong I tell you!

I must say that I was somewhat displeased with how I went about doing this mission. I thought it was just about GIFs but I was wrong. I was supposed to research the topic and more-or-less document my team and I during the process but instead I just researched facts and didn't input the needed information or pictures.

If I were to do things differently I would have the group meet up more frequently and toss some ideas around. I would have also taken many photos and input my findings and how I began my research. I would have put up a picture of the creator of the GIF and gave some feedback about him and why he created such an iconic artifact.

If I were to go back and change my topic to something else I would gladly do so, as I thought the GIF would be easy but it turns out, it was the most complicated.I have, however, learned from this and had a much better understanding and attempt in my second group mission.

I have been marked as satisfactory but I disagree with this result as I didn't think I should have any mark whatsoever. I clearly misunderstood the topic at hand. I feel I could have done a much better job so I do not deserve anything above unsatisfactory. I am glad I got it finished but I feel I just wasted my groups time and my class time.

I was just proud of Gavin for pulling through and taking all the weight and workload. He did all the work. The only thing I was somewhat happy with is the animated slides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Product - Digital Media Mission 2 (2)

The production part of the mission was a bit more fun. Chris, Wiktoria and I were finally getting together making the blog on Wix. As this...